The position is due to start as soon as possible.
Transition International (TI) is a Netherlands-based, international consultancy firm with a network of senior consultants around the world. TI provides knowledge, training and advisory services to the key actors in transition processes in order to make the different stages of transition more transparent, inclusive and sustainable. We assist transition designers and implementers in improving the quality and impact of their efforts, providing governments, international agencies, NGOs, businesses and knowledge institutions with assistance and advice. The services are tailor-made and designed in close consultation with our clients, thus providing great flexibility while delivering timely, high-quality and cost-effective services, with a clear focus on the end results.
TI, while operating on a commercial basis, is a value-driven consultancy firm. We are guided by the ambition to contribute to a peaceful and more secure world, in which human dignity and our environment are both respected and protected. We demonstrate this commitment and promote these values in everything that we undertake. For more information, please visit our website: www.transitioninternational.com.
We have an interesting opening for a pro-active and results-orientated operations manager, with great eye for detail, who wants to work in a high paced environment. The operations manager will ensure that TI runs and grows smoothly and is supporting the TI partners, desk coordinators and consultants that are working on the programme side. The operations manager reports directly to the managing director and is supported by TIs controller (on finances) and a junior professional or intern.
The following tasks are part of this position:
- Infinance, financial tracking of projects and reporting to clients, preparing finance overviews to accountant etc. Together with our controller the operations manager will manage all financial processes and business processes
- In project management, track deadlines, liaise with programme staff on deliverables, financial management of projects, budgets for proposals, formatting of final products to TI standards
- Incommunications,updating website and social media, making newsletter, communications to partners and clients etc.
- Inlogistics, ensure office supplies, operational logistics for the project staff like transport, lodging and finance.
- Completed HBO, Bachelors or higher education in project management, business management, finance, direction secretariat or relevant operational experience;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Dutch and French will be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- A driving license;
- Previous experience with international organisations is a plus.
Core skill set:
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Attention to detail and organised;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Being committed to TI aims and values.
- Result orientated and capable to work under pressure.
- Ability to live and work in the South of the Netherlands;
TI offers an informal, innovative and dynamic working environment,a competitive salary based on level of experience, flexible working hours (e.g. for parents, adapted to school hours) and free lodging for the first 3 months (if required).
We are open to accept applications of all age, gender and nationalities, including people looking for a career shift.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.