Research/Data Analyst Traineeship (Stata and French speaking)
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note: ability (and visa) to live and work in the Netherlands for a period of at least six months are necessary.
We have an interesting opening for an active and vibrant individual, who wants to work in a high paced environment. The traineeship will be 6 months, with good prospects of obtaining a junior professional post after completion of the traineeship. The trainee will have the opportunity to develop their skills, gain practical work experience, and familiarise themselves with the multidimensionality of the development and peacebuilding field. In addition, this traineeship provides you with a world-wide network of colleagues and clients.
While all will depend on our assignments, tasks may include:
- Data analysis and coding of data;
- Analysing field data and coordinating reports;
- Conduct background research and literature reviews;
- English editing, translation and formatting reports;
- Liaise and support senior consultants based around the world;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, Bachelor’s degree is acceptable if the candidate has relevant work experience;
- Proficiency and experience in using Stata;
- Experience with coding of data is a plus;
- Experience in research;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- A driving license is a plus.
Core skill set
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for international development;
- Being committed to TI aims and values;
- Ability (and visa) to live and work in the south of the Netherlands for a period of at least six months.
TI offers an informal, innovative, and dynamic learning environment. Lunches are provided at the office and housing is available against a small fee. No payment will be made under this contract.
Applicants must have a laptop which they can work from with Microsoft Office installed.
Please be aware that non-EU citizens need a visa to stay more than 90 days in the Netherlands. Transition International is not in a position to help the intern obtain a visa. As such, any non-EU candidate applying for this position should have a valid visa for 6 months.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications.