Programme assistant internship - Francophone
The internship is due to start as soon as possible.
Transition International (TI) is a Netherlands-based, international consultancy firm with a network of senior consultants around the world. We specialise in tackling the challenges of transitions. We promote change through the provision of high level, tailor made training and advisory services. TI, while operating on a commercial basis, is a value-driven consultancy firm. We are guided by the ambition to contribute to a peaceful and more secure world, in which human dignity and our environment are both respected and protected. We demonstrate this commitment and promote these values in everything that we undertake. For more information, please visit our website: www.transitioninternational.com.
We have an interesting opening for an active and vibrant individual, who wants to work in a high paced environment. The intern will have the opportunity to develop their skills, gain practical work experience, and familiarise themselves with the multidimensionality of the development and peacebuilding field. In addition, this internship provides you with a world-wide network of colleagues and clients. While all will depend on our assignments, tasks may include:
The intern will:
- Conducting background research and literature reviews, analysing field data and co-ordinating reports;
- Assist in identifying and writing tender documents;
- French editing, translation and formatting reports;
- Prepare training materials;
- Liase and support senior consultants based around the world;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, Bachelor’s degree is acceptable if the candidate has relevant work experience;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- A driving license is a plus;
Core skill set:
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Ability to deal with stress and deadlines;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for international development;
- Being committed to TI aims and values.
- Ability (and visa) to live and work in the south of the Netherlands for a period of at least six months.
TI offers an informal, innovative and dynamic learning environment. Free housing is provided at our staff flat in Heerlen (NL) and lunch is provided at the office. No payments will be made under this contract. There is likelihood, in case of outstanding performance, to obtain a junior professional post after completion of this internship.
Please be aware that non-EU citizens need a visa to stay more than 90 days in the Netherlands. Transition International is not in a position to help the intern obtain a visa. As such, any non-EU candidate applying for this position should have a valid visa for 6 months.
Deadline for application: 15/03/2019, but selection will take place on a rolling basis
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications.