Transition International (TI) is a Netherlands-based, international consultancy firm with a network of senior consultants around the world. TI provides knowledge, training and advisory services to the key actors in transition processes in order to make the different stages of transition more transparent, inclusive and sustainable. We assist transition designers and implementer's in improving the quality and impact of their efforts, providing governments, international agencies, NGOs, businesses and knowledge institutions with assistance and advice. The services are tailor-made and designed in close consultation with our clients, thus providing great flexibility while delivering timely, high-quality and cost-effective services, with a clear focus on the end results.
TI, while operating on a commercial basis, is a value-driven consultancy firm. We are guided by the ambition to contribute to a peaceful and more secure world, in which human dignity and our environment are both respected and protected. We demonstrate this commitment and promote these values in everything that we undertake. For more information, please visit our website: www.transitioninternational.com.
We have an interesting opening for an active individual, with great eye for detail, who wants to work in a high paced environment. The finance assistant intern will have the opportunity to develop their skills, gain practical work experience, and familiarise themselves with the multidimensionality of the operations and financial side of the international development field.
The finance assistant intern will work under the Operations Manager and the Managing Director. His/her main responsibility is to contribute to and learn about financial management such as budgeting, bookkeeping, financial planning etc. Below is a broad description of activities to be undertaken over the course of the internship.
Importantly, if the internship goes well, there is the possibility of this post turning into a paid position.
The finance assistant intern will:
- Liaise with operations and programme units on project finance management;
- Enter information into the financial accounting system of the company (Exact)
- Assist in completing financial audits, locating missing invoices/receipts
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing, tracking of projects etc.
- Co-draft budgets for tenders;
- Assist with ad hoc administrative tasks;
- Liaise and support senior consultants based around the world;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Completed HBO, Bachelors or Masters, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular strong MS Excel skills and fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Previous work experience in accounting, business, finance, economics or other relevant experience
- A driving license is a plus;
- Previous experience with an international organisation or business is a plus.
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Attention to detail and organised;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Passion for international development is a plus;
- Results oriented.
TI offers an informal, innovative and dynamic learning environment. This is a 6 month unpaid internship. However, free housing is provided at our staff flat in Heerlen (NL) and lunch is provided at the office.
We are open to people of all age groups, cultures and genders.
Please note that all interns must have a functioning, working Windows laptop. Due to compatibility issues, we cannot accept Apple devices.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application.