Despite increased access to all tiers of education in many parts of the world, there remains widespread inequality of access to education and jobs. Young men and women from poor, rural and indigenous backgrounds are often severely disadvantaged in accessing and completing higher levels of education, and therefore suffer a disadvantaged position in labour markets. In order to assist people in accessing employment, and to increase the quality and quantity of employment opportunities, TI assists its clients to undertake labour market analyses and opportunity-mapping for economic reintegration. TI also provides institutional mapping and capacity building of labour market actors. Our specialists have solid competence in increasing the employability of people in transition environments, such as in the aftermath of a crisis and conflicts, where labour markets and the demand for skilled labour change rapidly.
TI also consults on issues related to improving the quality of skills development and education systems, improving training systems, particular measures to make training and education inclusive of persons with disabilities, and strengthening collaboration between government, civil society and the private sector. TI consultants provide expertise in the following areas:
- Training on conducting employment opportunity and economic services mappings;
- Training on vocational education and skills development;
- Training on Local Economic and Social Development (LESD);
- Tailor-made training for business counsellors.
- Drafting of skills development policies and strategies;
- Advisory services on restructuring Vocational Training and Education systems;
- Drafting of employment and livelihood programmes;
- Drafting of private sector development programmes and policies;
- Drafting Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) development programmes;
- Drafting of comprehensive economic policy and action frameworks;
- Evaluating employment and employability interventions;
- Capacity development and stakeholder’s consultations;
- Drafting women’s economic empowerment programmes;
- Support for national government actors in drafting youth employment national plans.
- Design and implementation of labour market analyses;
- Design and implementation of training needs analyses;
- Scoping studies for public-private cooperation;
- Gender and economic empowerment assessments.
The Employment & Employability Desk is coordinated by Luca Azzoni and Irma Specht.